Urinary tract infection (UTIs) is mostly found in female due to the short urethral. Which easily get infected. There are many risk factors but the main one is the poor hygiene.
It’s the high-risk infection disease among elders. Their uncomfortable movement and awful vision causes urinary suppression and unhygienic body cleaning, sanitation of cloths etc. These reason are the factors of UTIs which is a double suffer to the elders.
Self-care practices to prevent Urinary Tract Infections
– Do not drink water too much to avoid nocturia
– Do not sleep in the damp room as it can stimulate the urination during the night.
– Hygiene sexual intercourse
– Good sanitation during period
– Good diabetes control as it’s one of the causes of UTIs
– Elders with paralysis should have close and attentive caretakers.
– Do not use foley catheter to avoid infected wound.
– Intensive hygiene care during menopausal hormonal imbalance period
– Take care of clothes’ cleanliness
– Sanitary toilet
– Hygienic organ wash
Urinary tract infection is treated by giving antibiotic medication according to the symptoms. However, no one would ever want the disease to happen as it cause poor quality of life. Thus, the prevention is the best solution.