Sleeping is the best rest and directly affect health; refreshing, clear mind, good physical and mental health. Most of the elders usually have insomnia causing mental health issue, deteriorate health and weak. The causes of insomnia are
– Physical change causes pain or discomfort sleep
– Discipline self-care which affect sleep such as doing exertion activity.
– Unsupportive environment.
– Some diseases which effect sleep disorder such as brain disease
Sleeping has an effect towards daily life physically and mentally. The elders should adjust daily routine. To solve insomnia complication, relatives should attentively observe
– Do not drink too much water as it causes nocturia
– Avoid napping during weekdays
– Do not sleep too early. Set and accurate wake up and sleeping time.
– Do appropriate exercise during the day and avoid exertion activity in the evening.
– Should not sleep during hungriness. Should drink warm milk or light snacks.
– Do not stuff food before bedtime and avoid tea, coffee or alcohol during dinner
– Set the environment and room temperature appropriately; quiet, good smell, good ventilation, and no disturbing light during sleep
– Sleep when feeling somnolent. Do not stay on bed if not feeling drowsy and find proper hobbies to do for good sleep.
– Do not feel stress.
Consult doctors for consecutive insomnia or the symptom remains as it might cause from brain symptom.