Excretion is human’s basic essential sanitation in a living. So, daily excretion is needed for good health.
Excretion is a problematic issue in elders due to the digestive and excretory system deterioration
A frequent occurrence of this problem causes abdominal distention, stomachache, or suffer from constipation. These effect physical and mental health.
The excretion of elders needs to be consecutively taken care of as excretion system defection will obviously affect the elders’ quality of life. Daily self-care should be performed to prevent constipation.
Self-care practices that should be followed:
1. Mental health; stress and concern free.
2. Excretion in timely manner without rush.
3. High fiber food every meals.
4. Chewing food slowly
5. Drink clean water at least 6-8 glasses
6. Frequently move body; no long sit or sleep. Always do movement activities and exercise,
7. Do not habitually suppress exertion.
8. Consult doctors and do not buy over-counter medicines. If needed, please contact pharmacist prior to the purchase.
Exertion is the crucial system to the body and effect quality of life. It should maintain the good system. The system abnormality will directly affect physical and mental health. Good exertion system is resulted in good health and long life.